Catur Muka Statue, Denpasar
Stands proudly in the heart of Denpasar, Bali, shining sanctity to the universe
In the Balinese language, 'Catur' means four and 'Muka' means face, so when translated means four faces. Catur Muka Statue is a depiction of Brahma as the Creator.
Four Faces (Catur Muka) is a symbol of the power of God ;
- The first face signifies the fact that God is almighty.
- The second face signifies that God is the King of kings in this universe and the next.
- The third face signifies that God is relentless and never stopped working.
- The fourth face, God created the earth and its contents.
The statue was founded in 1973, was made by one of Bali's famous local carver is I Gusti Nyoman Lempad from Ubud village. Made of large granite stone with heigh as 9 meters.
The characteristics possessed Catur Muka Statue (Brahma), is :
- Four Faces who looked into the four winds (chess advance), who each face peal Vedas.
- Four Hands, with each hand carrying; Lotus, sometimes a spoon, the Vedas, the holy water, Genitri. (Known as the god Brahma yadnya or ceremonies)
- Standing lotus indicates that Brahma is the origin of the fact that is not limited. Padma symbolizes of universe and sanctity.
Catur Muka Statue standing in front of the Mayor Office of Denpasar.
Located intersection between roads of Gajah Mada, Surapati, Udayana and Veteran.
As the center of community activities held in this area such as : Ogoh ogoh Festival, Yearly Denpasar Festival and other events, mostly centered around this area.
Other interesting in the same area