In Bali, you can find a tree of Cambodia Flowers or Jepun Bali Flowers, in any yard or along the roadside. Creating beautiful streets and gardens in Bali with this beautiful flowers.
Frangipani flower, in Bali called Jepun, Kamboja (Cambodia), Kemboja or Semboja is a group of plants of the genus Plumeria. Many people think its coming from the country of Cambodia. Actually these plants originated from mainland Central America. Frangipani (Plumeria SP) found by Charles Plumier (1646-1706), a French botanist. To remember the last name of the founder Charles Plumier enshrined into the Latin name of this flower. According to some sources, frangipani plants spread to Indonesia by the Dutch. Indonesia has a native frangipani varieties : white flowering frangipani types with the yellow inside (plumeria alba). The flowers are small with petals that are not fully open during bloom. Frangipani of this type found in the yard of the house in Bali.
Many kind Frangipani flowers planted in Bali, from plain white, yellowish white to purplish red color. The aroma of this flowers are very distinctive and fragrant. Cambodia is also planted as a shade plant in parks or gardens. Because beneficiaries in making Canang as part of the offerings and prayers. And also for decoration in hotel, restaurant or spa.
This plant contain many chemical compounds that are beneficial for human health, such as plumerat acid, serotinat acid, plumierid, and agoniadin. Therefore, these plants have utility to cure various diseases.
Frangipani sap contains alkaloids, tannins, flavonoids and triterpenoids are very useful for antibiotics, of course with proper dosage. The Saps also able to cure toothache and contains rubber latex which is able to contract human skin without pain. While Bark of these tree contains substances toxic bitter and sap containing resin and plumeria. The roots and leaves contain saponins, polyphenols, alkaloids, also fenetilalkohol. And fulvoplumierin compounds contained in almost all parts of the plant is useful to inhibit dysentery, respiratory tract inflammation, tuberculosis, and hepatitis. The flowers themselves can reduce the heat, stop cough, and shed urine.
Here efficacy and traditional treatment of Frangipani Flowers or Jepun Bali plants with the Latin name Plumeria acuminata Ait include:
- Swelling: A piece of finely ground frangipani tree bark, boiled with 6 cups water to a boil. Warm soak the swollen body parts.
- Boils: A sheet of frangipani leaves crushed or it could be baked. Then rub coconut oil and stick it on the boil. Or with frangipani sap applied to boils.
- Ulcers: Apply frangipani on boiled sap that has been washed with warm water.
- Warts: Apply 1 teaspoon of frangipani tree sap on the warts several times over several days until the wart is gone.
- Removing the thorns or broken glass: Apply sap frangipani on the sick, the incoming object would come out.
- Calluses: Squirt frangipani sap on the skin of calluses, every day until healed.
- Cracked heel: A piece of skin frangipani boiled with 3 liters of water. Warm soak to leg pain.
In addition to its use in fresh condition, dried Frangipani Flowers can be used also as an ingredient for the manufacture of tea, as a perfume, incense and herbal mixtures. Currently dried flowers can be sell perkilo its priced between IDR 20,000 to IDR 70,000.
Frangipani plants are usually easy to grow and do not require special treatment. Frangipani plant cultivation can be done in various ways such as graft in the trunk. And can also be done by sowing seeds of frangipani.