Dadap often used as a shade tree in the garden, or tree propagation for pepper, betel, vanilla, or tubers. Also used as a living fence poles in the yard.
Dadap or Dapdap Bali is a kind of tree Fabaceae (Leguminosae) members. Plants are often used as a living fence and shade, it has many other name in Indonesia. They called Cangkringan, dadap ayam, dadap laut, dadap Blendung, theutheuk, dalungdung, deris, galala itam and others. And known also in neighboring country.
This plant produces light wood, soft and white. Its good to make a float, packing crates, frames, and toys. The wood is also a pulp material, but poorly used as a wood fire as many smoky.
Not only that, young leaves is very useful or beneficial for humans. The composition contained in the leaves dadap consists of: alkaloids, eritradina, eritrina, eritramina, hipaforina, and erisovina. Bitter taste, it is cool and can clean the blood. Because of it, leaves of dadap often used to increase the amount of mother milk produced. Can also makes you sleep better. For the flower is used to launch menstruation period. While dadap seeds presumably a toxic.
The benefits and usefulness of Dadap who lives around the house in Bali for treatment of human health. Among others :
- Smooth the Mother Milk produced : dadap young leaves can be used as a nutritious vegetable augment breast milk, making baby sleep more soundly and also for launch menstruation period.
- Treating worms and dysentery : extract of Dadap leaves mixed with honey can be used to treat intestinal worms, Dadap leaf juice mixed with castor oil (kasteroli) is used to cure dysentery.
- Relieve arthritis: Heated Dadap leaves used as a poultice to relieve rheumatism. Bark of dadap has efficacy as a laxative urine and sputum diluent.
- Abdominal Pain: smooth mashed fresh leaves Dadap and Cocor Bebek leaf add a little water. Then apply on the abdomen, repeat every 3 hours. Is believed to cure stomach pains, runny stool and bloody.
- Fever: Dadap can be used as a febrifuge a way by compress the smooth leaf dadap.
- Preventing Miscarriage: dadap leaves can be used to prevent miscarriage, by compressing the abdomen with dadap leaves.
- Swelling: A few Dapdap leaves are pounded, smeared the body that swollen. Do it repeatedly and evenly.
- Sweet leaf juice is used for diseases of tapeworms and roundworms. The juice also helps stimulate lactation and menstruation.
For the Hindu community in Bali, Tree dadap certainly very useful as part of the offerings, ritual supplies, and basic manufacture of shrines (merajan or temple). Therefore, the functionality and usability Dadap or dapdap or dedap for Hindus is very important. Then this plant is called magic wood (Kayu Sakti) in Bali.
Dadap leaves can be made juice or loloh (in Bali language).